Each individual extension can have its own custom away greeting, which can be set to play instead of the extension's regular voicemail greeting whenever you are away from your desk or closed. However, callers will not be able to leave a voicemail message with an away greeting. If you would like callers to leave a message use the voicemail greeting.
Tip: You can also create a main away greeting that your callers will hear as soon as they dial your number.
- Log in to your account at https://nuui.us.grasshopper.com/.
- Click Greetings > Show other greetings next to an extension.
- Click Change greeting next to a greeting.
- To select an existing greeting, click Use.
- To create a new greeting, click Create new greeting and select a recording method. Once you've created a new greeting select Use to choose it.
- Select when the away greeting will play under Options.
Note: If you started using Grasshopper prior to June 2011, your account will look different. Please follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings and choose an extension.
- Choose Away Greeting in the sidebar.
- Under Manage your Away Greeting, you can upload or record your away greeting, or you can opt to have our Voice Studio record the greeting for you.
- Click on "The away greeting will..."
- Set to "play when we are closed or on vacation"
- Under My open hours are, Select a Scheduling option from the drop down menu
- Click Add Time Slot, and enter your open hours