How do I create a main greeting?
The main greeting is the first thing a caller hears when they call your number. It's generally used on accounts with multiple extensions for callers to choose from (as opposed to a single call-forwarding number).
- Voice Studio: Have a voice actor record your greeting.
- Record via phone: Record your own greeting using your phone.
- Upload audio file: Use an audio file.
- Record by computer: Record your own greeting using your computer's microphone.
- Sign in at https://nuui.us.grasshopper.com.
- Go to .
- Select Change Greeting next to Main Greeting.
- To create a new greeting, select Create new greeting.
- Select a recording option:
Option How-to Voice Studio Select Voice Studio and follow these instructions. Record via Phone Select Use Phone and then follow the on screen instructions. Upload audio file
- Select Upload.
- Choose your file and then select Upload greeting.
Record by Computer
- Select Record.
- Select the microphone icon to start recording and then select the icon again when finished.
- Select Keep.
- To use the new greeting, select Use next to your new greeting.
- Optional: Choose how calls are handled if there is no input after the main greeting plays:
- Repeat main greeting (default)
- Transfer to an extension
- End call