The main greeting is the first thing a caller hears when they call your Grasshopper number. It's generally used on accounts with multiple extensions for callers to choose from (as opposed to a single call-forwarding number). Learn more about other greeting types here, including the main away greeting.
TIP: If you record a custom main greeting, be sure to list out the extensions available to callers!
- Log in at https://portal.us.grasshopper.com/login.aspx.
- Go to Settings > Greetings.
- Next to Main Greeting, click Change Greeting.
- To create a new greeting, click Create new greeting.
- Select a recording option from one of the following options:
- Voice Studio - Write your script and leave it to our professionals.
- Record via Phone - Call in and follow instructions to record a greeting over your phone.
- Upload audio file - If you already have an MP3 you'd like to use for your greeting.
- Record by Computer - Use your microphone to record easily.
- Optional: Choose how calls are handled if there is no input after the main greeting displays, by selecting one of the following:
- Repeat main greeting (default)
- Transfer to an extension
- End call
- After you have created or uploaded your greeting, select Use.
- To ensure your Grasshopper number is set to play your greeting, go to Numbers and select your greeting.