Why are calls going straight to voicemail?
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot calls going straight to voicemail.
- Verify you haven’t enabled sending calls directly to voicemail.
- Ensure call forwarding is set up correctly. If no call forwarding numbers are added for an extension (or they are all set to "off"), calls made to that extension will be sent straight to voicemail. The desktop app will still receive calls as it doesn’t follow the call forwarding rules.
- Check your ring time. The ring time dictates how long a call will ring before the call is sent to voicemail. Your ring time may need to be longer to allow time for your phone to ring. Learn how to change your ring time.
- Confirm your main greeting settings. If you recorded a custom main greeting, verify that Play my main greeting has been enabled from . The default main greeting instructs customers to dial 0, so if you disabled call forwarding for the default extension 0, any callers who dial 0 would be sent straight to voicemail.
- If you are using call blasting, ensure the settings are configured correctly. When using call blasting, all call-forwarding numbers listed under any given extension must have their settings configured identically to work correctly (otherwise, a short ring time on one call-forwarding number could impact the other call-forwarding number on the extension). Learn about call blasting settings.
- Verify your cell phone number is only listed once in your call forwarding settings. If you accidentally added your phone number twice to an extension's call-forwarding settings, one of those duplicate entries may have been configured to go straight to voicemail. Learn how to check your call forwarding settings.
- Check your device’s and carrier’s call-blocking settings. If you're using an iPhone on iOS 13 or newer, a call-blocking option will send unknown callers - including unknown business calls - straight to voicemail. Learn how to disable this setting (link). Check with your carrier to ensure there aren’t spam blockers set up on your account.
- Verify you haven’t blocked your business phone number on your device. Check your device's blocked phone numbers to ensure you didn’t accidentally block your business phone number.