How do I change what callers hear when they call my phone number?
By default, each new phone number that is added to your account is automatically configured to play your main greeting.Users with admin access can change what callers hear when they dial each of the numbers on your account.
- Sign in at https://nuui.us.grasshopper.com.
- Go to .
- Use the drop-down menus next to each phone number to select the desired behavior:
- Play my main greeting (default setting): Callers will hear whichever main greeting is currently selected in your settings. If you have not created a custom greeting, the system default main greeting will be used.
- System Default: Callers will hear the system default main greeting, regardless of whether you have a different greeting currently selected as your main greeting.
- Transfer to extension: No main greeting will play. Instead, callers will be immediately transferred to the selected extension. What they hear next depends on the settings for the selected extension.