The main greeting is the first thing a caller hears when they call your Grasshopper number. It's generally used on accounts with multiple extensions for callers to choose from (as opposed to a single call-forwarding number). Learn more about other greeting types here, including the main away greeting.
TIP: If you record a custom main greeting, be sure to list out the extensions available to callers!
- Log in at https://nuui.us.grasshopper.com/Settings.
- Select the Main Greetings tab.
- Next to "Main Greeting," click Change Greeting.
- Here you'll see your library of greetings, including the system default and any custom greetings you have already created.
- Click Use to select an existing greeting, OR
- Click Create new greeting to start a new one, then choose a customization option. Once you've created the greeting, be sure to return to Step #4 and select Use to switch to it. Note that there may be a delay before it is ready to be used.
- Under "Options," use the drop-down menu to choose what callers hear after the greeting (i.e., it repeats, the call is transferred, or the call ends).
- Ensure that your phone number is set to "Play my main greeting" under Settings.