Outbound calls cannot be transferred, only inbound calls received on Grasshopper can be transferred to another extension. If you want to transfer your caller to an external phone number, the virtual calling card must be enabled. You can use our Phone Reference Sheet as a guide for transferring and managing calls.
To transfer calls on the desktop app, do the following:
- In the desktop app, press the transfer call icon. Your caller will be placed on hold.
- Enter the extension number you want to transfer the call to followed by #.
- To return back to the call press *.
To transfer calls on your mobile device, do the following:
- Press the Pound key twice (##) to place the caller on hold.
- Press 2 to transfer the call.
- Enter the extension number followed by the pound key (#).
- Transfer the call by doing one of the following:
- To transfer the call now, press 1.
- To remain on the line, press 2 then press the pound key twice (##) to complete the transfer when you are ready.