- First, ensure that all employee extensions have been added.
- Next, configure the Name Directory.
- Log in to Extensions at https://nuui.us.grasshopper.com/Extensions.
- Click Edit next to "Extension 8 - Name Directory."
- Use the text fields to enter in the first and last name of each employee next to their assigned extension.
- Click Save & Close when finished.
- Lastly, ensure that the account's main greeting lets callers know to press 8 if they know who they would like to reach and want to hear the directory.
- If desired, you can also set up recorded name greetings for each extension. This will allow callers to hear the name of the employee before being connected to the extension. Otherwise, the caller will just hear the extension number announced after they've searched by name.
Note: If you signed up for Grasshopper prior to June 2011, your account may look different. Go to Settings > Name Directory.