Callers are unable to leave a message
The most common reason callers are unable to leave a message is caused when you have recorded your voicemail greeting as a main greeting on your account. The main greeting does not allow callers to leave a message and this explains why your message is repeating itself.
If you would like to send callers directly to voicemail when dialing your number, you will need to reconfigure your settings a little differently. Please follow the steps below.
- Sign in at https://nuui.us.grasshopper.com.
- Go to .
- Select the drop down menu next to your phone number.
- Select Transfer to extension from the drop down menu.
- Select one of your extensions.
Once the above steps are completed, you must now input the correct phone number within your extension.
- Select Extensions.
- Select Edit next to the name of your extension (please select the same extension number you chose in step 5).
- Delete any number in the call forwarding section (This is the setting that will allow callers to go to voicemail and leave a message).
- Select Save & Close in the call forwarding section.
- Select Save and Close next to your extension name.
What to do next: If you would prefer to prompt callers to press an extension, please read about Creating Extensions.