Why are messages being left on my personal voicemail?
When a caller’s voicemail is being left on your personal line/phone it is because your extension is set to be “Connected”. With this option selected, calls are not announced and missed calls would result in messages being left on your personal voicemail and not within your Grasshopper account.
To ensure that the Grasshopper voicemail always takes the calls if you ignore or miss your call, you will want to set up each of your extensions to have the calls "Announced to you when you answer"
Please follow the instructions below to set up your extension's call forwarding:
- Log into your account
- Click on Extensions
- Click on Edit next to the Name of the extension
- Click on Edit next to your telephone number
- Under Forwarding options, select "Calls will be announced to you when you answer"
- Save and close next to your forwarding number
- Save and close next to your extension name