Grasshopper SMS (texting) is an add-on feature. If you are unable to access text messaging in the mobile or desktop apps, please try these troubleshooting steps below. If none of them work, you can contact our Customer Care team for further help.
- Ensure that you are an administrator. Only administrators are able to use the texting feature. If you are unable to see the account settings at https://nuui.us.grasshopper.com/Settings, then you should ask a user with admin access to make you an administrator.
- Ensure that Grasshopper SMS is enabled. Texting must be enabled on per-phone number basis for an account (meaning that it can be enabled on one phone number but not another). Enable it now.
- Log out of the app and then back in. If the feature was recently enabled, the app might not have picked up the changes yet. Logging out will prompt it to update.
- Update the app. Ensure that you have the latest version of the app. The desktop app will prompt you if a new version is available, while you can ceck the App Store or Google Play Store for mobile app updates.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app. If all else fails, try uninstalling the app from your computer or device, then do a fresh install.