Enable international calling
All accounts can receive incoming calls from outside the continental U.S. and Canada. You will need to enable international calling to make outgoing calls to international or offshore (Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands) numbers. International and offshore calling is disabled by default on all accounts to avoid fraudulent and unauthorized use.
Attention: You must have admin permissions.
To enable international calling on your account, select Contact Support.
International Calling FAQs
- Incoming and outgoing international/offshore (Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands) calls incur extra fees per our posted international rates.
- Accounts must be at least 60 days old to have international calling activated, and 5 days for accounts based in Alaska or Hawaii.
- A deposit of $500 USD is required to activate international calling. Any Grasshopper charges will be deducted from the deposit until it is depleted (or you cancel your account). Learn more here.
- Alaska and Hawaii are not part of the continental U.S. and are considered "offshore" numbers. This means:
- Accounts based in Alaska or Hawaii must have international calling enabled to reach numbers outside their own state.
- Non-Alaska or Hawaii accounts must have international calling enabled to make calls to an Alaskan or Hawaiian number.