Do you offer service for international callers?
Yes! While we only offer local and toll-free phone numbers for the U.S. and Canada, all Grasshopper numbers can receive incoming calls from outside the continental U.S. and Canada without any extra setup.
In addition, most accounts can be set up to allow outgoing calls to international and offshore phone numbers by activating international calling. International calling is available for any plan, but it is disabled by default to avoid fraudulent and unauthorized use.
You can contact Customer Care to have international calling activated. Please keep the following in mind:
- Incoming and outgoing international/offshore calls incur exta fees per our posted international rates.
- Accounts must be at least 60 days old to be activated (with the exception of those based in Alaska or Hawaii).
- A deposit of $500 USD is required to activate international calling (with the exception of Alaska and Hawaii accounts). Any Grasshopper charges will be deducted from the deposit until it is depleted (or you cancel your account). Learn more here.
- Alaska and Hawaii are not part of the continental U.S., and therefore are considered "offshore" numbers. This means:
- Accounts based in Alaska or Hawaii must have international calling enabled in order to reach numbers outside of their own state.
- Non-Alaska or Hawaii accounts must have international calling enabled in order to make calls to an Alaskan or Hawaiian number. However, the deposit may not be required in this case.