Does Grasshopper offer international calling?
Yes, all accounts can receive incoming calls from outside the continental U.S. and Canada. If you want to make outgoing calls to international or offshore phone numbers you will need to activate international calling. International calling is available for any plan, but is disabled by default to avoid fraudulent and unauthorized use. Contact customer care to have international calling activated for your account.
Before you activate international calling, please be aware of the following:
- Incoming and outgoing international/offshore (Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands) calls incur extra fees per our posted international rates.
- Accounts must be at least 60 days old to have international calling activated and 5 days for accounts based in Alaska or Hawaii.
- A deposit of $500 USD is required to activate international calling. Any Grasshopper charges will be deducted from the deposit until it is depleted (or you cancel your account). Learn more here.
- Alaska and Hawaii are not part of the continental U.S., and therefore are considered "offshore" numbers. This means:
- Accounts based in Alaska or Hawaii must have international calling enabled in order to reach numbers outside of their own state.
- Non-Alaska or Hawaii accounts must have international calling enabled in order to make calls to an Alaskan or Hawaiian number.