How do I start a conference call?
Grasshopper allows you to host conference calls with up to 10 participants (including you). In order to start a conference call, you will need to dial each of your participants into the call individually.
It is not possible for them to dial into the call themselves, so before getting started, ensure you have all other participants' phone numbers handy.
Note: To use conference calling, contact support to enable outbound dialing & Virtual Calling Card on the extensions needed.
- Call your Grasshopper phone number, then press *.
- Enter the extension number that you want the call to come from, then press #.
- Enter that extension’s PIN, then press #.
- Press 6 to access the subscriber menu.
- Press 2 to start the conference call.
- Dial the phone number of the first person you’d like to add to the conference call, then press #.
- Press 1 to add an additional participant. Dial their phone number, then press #. Repeat this step for each call participant.
- Once you've invited all participants, press 2. You'll hear the message “Please hold on while we contact all conference participants.”
When your participants answer the phone, they will hear: “Grasshopper calling from extension X , to join the conference call, press 1. If you do not wish to join the conference call press 2." If they press 1 they will join the call. If a participant doesn't answer or rejects the call, you will hear "(###) ###-#### could not be reached.”