Why are Push Notifications not working?
If you are experiencing issues not receiving push notifications on your phone for alerts of missed calls, voicemails and text messages, it is important to check both the settings of the Grasshopper mobile app as well as the general notification settings on your mobile device. The steps below outline how to check to ensure you are setup to receive notifications in a timely manner.
Grasshopper Mobile App Settings:
- Open the Grasshopper app and go to Settings . Scroll to and select Sync & Notification Settings
- Ensure that all boxes are checked off for the extension(s) that you want to be notified for on this device.
When you initially install the Grasshopper mobile app, your mobile device will ask you to grant permissions for notifications to be delivered to your device. If you aren’t sure what you pressed or you accidentally pressed “don’t allow”, you can turn notifications on within your phone settings.
- Navigate to Settings then Notifications
- Scroll to find Grasshopper .
- Are notifications allowed? (if the toggle is green, then yes, they are allowed)
- Swipe down from the top of your screen to reveal the Notifications box.
- Tap on the Settings button in the top right corner (looks like a gear).
- Tap on the Notifications button (you may have to scroll down to see this button).
- Toggle the slider of the app you want to enable/disable notifications for (left turns them off, right turns them on
**Note: If you do not find Grasshopper under Notifications, you will need to delete the app and reinstall. When installing the app, your phone will ask you to allow notifications from Grasshopper.