How do I create an away greeting for an extension?
Each individual extension can have its own custom away greeting, which can be set to play instead of the extension's regular voicemail greeting whenever you are away from your desk or closed (lunch break, after office hours, vacation, etc). This is perfect for representatives or departments with varying schedules, as you can also schedule your out-of-office and vacation hours ahead of time! Learn more about other greeting types here.
Tip: You can also create a main away greeting that your callers will hear as soon as they dial your number.
- Log in at https://nuui.us.grasshopper.com/Extensions.
- Click Edit next to the desired extension.
- Under "Greetings," click Show other greetings.
- Here you'll see your library of away greetings, including the system default and any custom greetings you have already created.
- Click Use to select an existing greeting, OR
- Click Create new away greeting to start a new one, then choose a customization option. Once you've created the greeting, be sure to return to Step #4 and select Use to switch to it. Note that there may be a delay before it is ready to be used.
- Under "Options," you can select additional customizations:
- Use the drop-down menu to choose when the extension's away greeting should be played instead of its voicemail greeting.
- If desired, set up a Vacation Schedule.
Note: If you started using Grasshopper prior to June 2011, your account will look different. Please follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings and choose an extension.
- Choose Away Greeting in the sidebar.
- Under Manage your Away Greeting, you can upload or record your away greeting, or you can opt to have our Voice Studio record the greeting for you.
- Click on "The away greeting will..."
- Set to "play when we are closed or on vacation"
- Under My open hours are, Select a Scheduling option from the drop down menu
- Click Add Time Slot, and enter your open hours