How do I give the Grasshopper app permission to access my contacts?
Grasshopper uses your phone’s contacts to show you who is calling or texting your Grasshopper number. In order to see this information, you’ll need to give the Grasshopper app access to your phone’s contacts.
Note: If a caller is not in your phone’s contacts, the app will just show the caller’s number.
When you first log in to the Grasshopper app, you’ll be prompted to give the app permission to access your contacts.
If you didn’t give the app access to your contacts when you first logged in, you just need to change the app permissions in your phone’s settings.
Here’s how to do this on your iPhone:
- Go to your iPhone’s Settings app.
- Scroll down to find and select the Grasshopper app.
- Make sure Contacts is enabled. The toggle will be green, if so.
Here’s how to do this on your Android:
- Go to your Android’s Settings app.
- Scroll down to Apps and open the App Manager.
- Select the Grasshopper app and scroll down to Permissions, under App Settings.
- Make sure Contacts is enabled. The toggle will be blue, if so.