How can I obtain my Customer Service Record?

If you’re transferring a local number, you may need to get your Customer Service Record (CSR) from your current provider.

Contact your current provider and ask for their Port Out or Transfer Out Department. They will be able to provide you with the CSR for the number you’re transferring.

CSRs are not necessary for a toll free transfer.

Your Customer Service Record (CSR) is a document containing the information your current provider will require for the number to be transferred.

It will include the following important account info:

  1. Authorizing name
  2. Business name (for business accounts)
  3. Account type (business or residential)
  4. Service address
  5. Billing phone number
  6. Current service provider name
  7. Current service provider account number

If you have numbers with different CSRs, submit a separate order for each number using our online transfer form .

Those numbers with different CSRs will also require a separate LOA (Letter of Authorization) for each.


If you are porting out a local Grasshopper phone number, please contact our Support team 24/7 and they will submit a request to obtain your CSR.