Yes, you can combine your Grasshopper and Skype systems for both inbound and outbound calling.
To use Skype for inbound calling, you simply forward your Grasshopper number to your SkypeIn or online number.
- A SkypeIn number runs around $2.99 a month. Check out their rates & subscription page for more info.
- Note: You can NOT use your Skype user name, i.e “ambassadorbuzz”, you need an actual Skype number to forward your calls to.
To make outbound calls with Skype:
- You’ll first need to set up your caller ID to use the callout feature. Instructions for this can be found here.
- Dial out with your Skype account directly (Caller ID will show your Skype number).
- Note: If you want to call out directly from Skype, you will not be able to show the outbound number as your Grasshopper number since you have to confirm your number with an SMS message.