How do I send calls directly to my phone without a greeting?
Follow the steps below to have your calls bypass the main greeting.
- Sign in at https://nuui.us.grasshopper.com.
- Set up your extension's call-forwarding settings. If you have already set up your extension's call-forwarding settings proceed to Step 3.
- Select Extensions.
- Select the desired extension and then select Edit.
- Select Add a forwarding number.
- Enter the number you want callers to be sent to.
- Choose how Grasshopper handles the calls to the number with one of the following options:
- Calls will be announced when you pick up: The extension the call is on is announced to you. If you don't take the call, it either moves to the next phone number in queue or Grasshopper will accept the voicemail and send you a notification via email (depending on your settings).
- Calls will connect to you as soon as you pick up: The call is immediately connected to you without any options or announcements. If you don't take the call, your callers won't be sent back to Grasshopper to leave a message but instead will be sent to your personal phone's voicemail system.
- Callers will be asked for their name, then announced to you: The caller is asked to record their name before the call is transferred to you. When you pick up, the caller's name is announced to you. If you don't take the call, Grasshopper will accept the voicemail and send you a notification via email (depending on your settings).
- Select Add this number.
- Go to .
- Next to your number, select Transfer to extension... .
- In the extension number drop-down menu, select the extension you set up.
Result: Your calls will be forwarded directly to your phone number.